Yesterday, I facilitated my “Crystals & the Divine Feminine” Workshop, where I introduce the concept of Earth Healing with crystals. As I was teaching, I started to think about how important this is in light of the status of our environment, so I decided to expand on the topic in this week’s blog…
Scientists have recently reported that mass extinctions of marine animals may soon be occurring at disturbingly rapid rates, greater than previously projected as a result of pollution, rising water temperatures and loss of habitat. Many land species also face a similar fate for the same reasons. However, the biggest foreboding danger of all facing humans is the loss of the global honeybee population. The consequence of a dying bee population impacts man at the highest levels on our food chain, posing an enormously grave threat to human survival. Since no other single animal species plays a more significant role in producing the fruits and vegetables that we humans commonly take for granted yet require near daily to stay alive. Albert Einstein once prophetically remarked, “Mankind will not survive the honeybees’ disappearance for more than five years.” Since 2006 beekeepers have been noticing their honeybee populations have been dying off at increasingly rapid rates. This is one of the major issues that we can work on healing with earth healing grids.
To create a Bee Healing grid, you will need the following:
- Photo / picture of a honey bee
- 6 x citrine or yellow jasper crystals
- 1 smoky quartz
- Hold the crystals in your hands for a few moments, focussing on your intention that you wish them to assist in healing the world’s bee population. In your mind you can form pictures of bees pollinating flowers to help strengthen the intention
- Set your crystal grid outside, near nectar rich flowers, or if you don’t have these place near a flowering indoor plant
- Over the photo of the bee, place the crystals in the Seal of Solomon (Star of David) pattern:
- Place the citine / jasper crystals in a downward facing triangle to draw energy down toward the bee; place an upward facing triangle of citrine / jasper to radiate energy out to all the bees and pollinating insects world-wide.
- Place a smoky quartz crystal in the centre of the layout to anchor down the grid
- Every grid makes an energy “circuit” that radiates energy. The lines of force in the energy circuit (or grid) need to join together so that they completely enclose a space without any breaks. Seal the grid with a crystal or your mind.
- Send out your wishes to heal the bees. Leave the grid in place for a few hours.
- Remember to dismantle the grid in reverse order.
 Before you set up the grid, make sure you have thoroughly cleansed your crystals. I cover how to do this in extensive detail on my Beginner’s Crystal Workshops.
On a larger scale, you can send healing to the planet, and large geographical areas.
Below is a graphic representation of the Earth’s Chakra System. The image credit is Robert Coon © 1984-2006.
In essence it depicts the locations of the Earth’s chakras, as they currently stand as:
- Root Chakra: Shasta, California
- Sacral Chakra: Lake Titicaca, South America
- Solar Plexus Chakra: Uluru-The Olgas, Australia
- Heart Chakra: Glastonbury-Shaftesbury, England
- Throat Chakra: Great Pyramid-Mt. of Olives
- Third Eye Chakra: No fixed location, currently at Glastonbury – Shaftsbury
- Crown Chakra: Kailas, Tibet
Being aware of the locations of the Earth’s chakras, helps you to use these as a focal point for earth healing. You may choose to send healing to any of these places by placing a crystal grid over a map of the area. Alternatively, as you become aware of areas of conflict, a place where a terrorist attack has occurred or where there has been a natural disaster; such as an earthquake, tsunami or tornado, you may choose to send healing to these places.
There are two grids that are especially useful for healing using a map: pentagram and sunburst grid.
- an atlas, or a flat, map of the area you want to send healing to
- 5 brown aragonite, red jasper, amethyst, shorl (black tourmaline) or smoky quartz crystals. You will need all 5 crystals to be of the same variety for this grid. The choice of crystals you use, will be guided by your intuition. Remember crystals need to cleansed prior to use.
- Hold the crystal in your hands and focus on your intention that they be used to bring healing, peace and harmony
- Place the 5 crystals at the outer points of the star.
- Seal the grid with a crystal or your mind, seeing all the points link up to form the pentagram as per below:
- Spend a few moments focusing on the completed grid, seeing it bring peace, healing and harmony to the area that it is covering on the map.
- Leave in place for as long as possible, paying attention to the layout at least once a day and renewing your intention.
- When your intuition guides you to do so, remember to dismantle the grid in reverse order.
- Cleanse and clear the crystals used in the grid.
A radiating sunburst energizes a whole area. It is particularly useful to energize the Earth via a map but you can also lay it on the ground or bury it within the ground if you want it to be a permanent feature.
Although it is usual to begin this layout in the centre and work outward, you may find it helpful to dowse for your placements – for example, you may need to set out a central alignment first, or place crystals to draw in energy. You can always adjust the layout to fine tune the energies. You do not need to complete a circuit of this layout, as the intention is to radiate the energy outward as widely as possible.
Suitable Crystals include:
Citrine, clear quartz (centre), shiva lingam, calcite, selenite, rose quartz, golden healer, Herkimer diamond.
Whether you make a small crystal grid in your garden, place a grid on a map or simply focus on sending healing energy back to Gaia, we all have the capacity to help heal our home, this beautiful planet…
- Cierratuatha (2012). Earth’s Chakras [online}. Available at: https://cierratuatha.wordpress.com/2012/09/25/earths-chakras/ [Accessed 12 Sep 2012]
- Global Research. (2016). Death and Extinction of the Bees [online]. Available at: http://www.globalresearch.ca/death-and-extinction-of-the-bees/5375684 [Accessed 12 Sep 2016].
- Hall, J. (2014). Earth Blessings. London, Watkins Publishing
- Naomi Carling (2012). Earth’s Chakras [online}. Available at: https://naomicarling.wordpress.com/2012/10/30/earths-chakras/ [Accessed 12 Sep 2012]