I am often asked by fellow Reiki practitioners and Reiki Masters, which crystals I would recommend for Reiki so I thought it was time to publish my list.
I tend to combine crystals with Reiki in many of my consultations and when a client has issues with a specific chakra, I may even use a chakra crystal net on them to help re-balance that chakra, however in general my recommendations (numbered to match the picture) are as follows:
- Red Jasper links to the Root Chakra. It is strongly grounding and protective. It is energising and aids in recovery from physical illness, by increasing physical awareness and vitality.
- Carnelian links to the Sacral Chakra. Like the chakra to which it is strongly related, Carnelian works on emotional and sexual issues. It works to counteract doubt and negative thoughts. In addition it lends vitality and energy to the physical body. If your client is working on addition issues and is currently detoxing, Carnelian will be especially useful.
- Citrine links to the Solar Plexus Chakra. Citrine is gently warming, soothing and integrating. Working in harmony with the solar plexus chakra, it is effective at increasing self-confidence and the achievement of personal goals. It calms the digestive system, bringing clearer thought and improved memory.
- Green Aventurine links to the Heart Chakra. Aventurine is one of the most effective balancing stones for the heart chakra. It encourages calmness and positivity and works to release emotional pain in a gentle, effective way. It soothes emotional wounds and facilitates the release of obsolete relationships, emotional patterns, and heartache.
- Amazonite is useful both at the heart and throat chakra – but of special value for the thymus gland midway between them both. Amazonite is particularly effective at activating the qualities of self-expression, confidence, leadership and communication. Amazonite enhances psychic skills, in particular the ability to receive images from the past. This ability is known as “far memory’, making this stone especially effective in healing issues related to past life trauma.
- Blue Lace Agate links to the Throat Chakra. Few crystals have the soft, gentle energy of lace agate. It can be used anywhere that needs calming and cooling. Blue stones encourage the flow of energy and have a natural affinity with the throat chakra, our means of communication and expression. When the flow of communication is stifled, internal pressure builds up. Unexpressed this energy can become resentment, anger and aggression; unable to flow, the blue vibration becomes red energy that will eventually explode. Blue stones can help ease the pressure by facilitating our need to communicate our feelings and freely express who we really are, thereby releasing pent-up energy. A feeling of pressure is often felt at the throat when emotional stress is being released. A piece of blue lace agate placed at the base of the throat will quickly ease and release the energy.
- Selenite links to both the Brow and Crown Chakras. Selenite’s energy clears etheric blockages and debris, allowing a freer flow of energy through the higher chakras – particularly the etheric chakras that facilitate connection and communion with the higher self.
- Amethyst links to both the Brow and Crown Chakras. The combination of the grounding effects of red together with the expansive quality of blue allows amethyst to be an effective guide to the exploration of different states of being. Its energy allows one to easily enter into a meditative state and to maintain conscious awareness while in communion with the Divine. Its inherent high frequency acts as a barrier against lower energies, making it a valuable protective tool for those doing psychic or intuitive work.
EMOTIONAL HEALING RECOMMENDATION
9. Rhodonite – Where the soft shades of translucent rose quartz may seem too gentle or soft, the balance of colours within rhodonite suggests a more robust and energetic character. The deep pink to magenta colours reflect the practical, down to each vibration of caring for oneself, having confidence and a sense of self-worth while remaining aware of the needs of others. The black or brown veins and patterns anchor rhodonite’s energy into the solidity of the base chakra and through that into the earth itself. Because of its combination of colours, rhodonite works well at the base and sacral chakras.In emotional healing situations it complements and stabilizes the release initiated by rose quartz. Rhodonite will restore a sense of equilibrium without stifling the release processes underway. Grounding stones will quickly restore balance to a volatile emotional state.
Rhodonite can help remove doubts about self-worth that prevent us from striving to achieve desired goals in life. A great deal of stress is created when personal ambitions are restrained or diverted. The entire structure of an individual’s life energy can become distorted, leading to resentment, anger and aggression that may seem to have no apparent cause. Where these emotions are present rhodonite will help divert the build-up of energy in positive and safe directions.
ENERGETIC PROTECTION CRYSTALS
These stones are specifically for the healer to use during the session.
10.Smoky Quartz – Smoky Quartz is a spiritual grounding stone, helping one receive and utilize more high-frequency energy. It assists one in aligning the physical body with an expanded range of Light frequencies and is both purifying and protective.
11. Schorl / Black Tourmaline – As a grounding stone, Schorl can be used whenever energies are scattered and confused. It will very quickly bring the awareness back to the present moment. Because of this, the stone gives strong protection against negativity of all sorts. A negative influence is anything that superimposes itself and overrides the individual’s own energy field to create imbalance. A crystal that reinforces personal energy will help against these disruptive effects. Schorl deflects negativity back into the earth, rather than absorbing the energy into itself, where it would accumulate and interfere with its efficiency
12. Sugilite is exceptionally protective. Carrying or wearing sugilite sets up a psychic shield around the wearer, making one impervious to the negative influences of others. This is especially beneficial to empaths and sensitive souls who absorb the energies around them.
CONNECTING WITH GUIDES
Using these stones during the session can assist in deepening the experience for both the healer and client and assist in receiving clearer messages from the higher realms.
13. Angelite is a stone which can act as the physical representative or anchoring talisman for the energies of one’s guardian angels, guides and other friends in Spirit. Angelite helps one communicate one’s intuitive insights and the “downloads” from Spirit intelligences. It does so in a most peaceful manner, so that those who hear one speak receive not only the information, but also the very vibration of the higher realms. Angelite assist one in communicating in a clear, concise and balanced way. It is soothing to one’s overall energy and can be a helpful ally when diplomacy or higher vision of cooperation is called for.
14. Celestite – With this stone you can better discern whether your guidance is coming from your ego / desires or your Higher Self. Celestite offers a gentle uplifting energy which can raise and expand one’s awareness into the higher realms. It is one of the most effective stones for accessing the angelic realm and can facilitate communication between oneself and one’s guardian angels or angelic guides. It assists one in opening one’s higher senses to perceive psychic and intuitive information.
Celestite Opens and clears third eye and crown chakras. It enhances inner vision and intuitive ability. It is aligned with angelic energy and thus helps attract helping or protective spirits. It can assist in removing negative attachments and in clearing the auric field of debris.
CORD CUTTING / PSYCHIC SURGERY
Given the nature of these treatments and the need for a powerful, high energy crystal that will not be shattered when utilised to energetically cut cords or perform psychic surgery, I can recommend only one crystal which is truly suited to these tasks…
15. Clear Quartz is often referred to as master healer. Believed to heal and energize the body and anywhere it is directed for contact and remote (absent) healing. Clear Quartz absorbs energy from nature and draws down light from angels and the cosmos. This energy is then released as automatic ongoing cleansing and healing into your aura and chakras. It is the Energy Stone, in that it amplifies energy and thought and dispels negativity. It receives, stores, and transmits energy. It is this propensity for energy that makes it so suited to cord cutting and / or psychic surgery.
- Cunningham, S. (2012). Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem & Metal Magic, 11th Woodbury, Llewellyn Publications
- Eason, C. (2015). The Complete Crystal Bible – 500 crystals to heal your body, mind and spirit. London, Carlton Books.
- Lilly, S. (2012). The Crystal Healing Bible. London, Quantum Books
- Lilly, S & S. (2010).Healing with Crystals and Chakra Energies – How to harness the transforming powers of crystals, and your body’s own subtle energies to increase health and wellbeing. London, Hermes House
- Simmons, R. & Ahsian, N. (2015). The Book of Stones – Who they are & what they teach. Berkley, North Atlantic Books